Friday, December 09, 2005

a special christmas for some orphans in Kenya

The response I have recieved from my previous posting has been amazing! I appreciate all the support from back home and would like to ask for some more. The children in Nyeri are wonderful but they are in need of some love, especially at christmas time. I am going to put some things together for them and go for a visit on dec 18th.

I have around $200 that I will be able to spend on some presents, food and treats for the orphans in Nyeri. There are about 60(correction..... 282) children so that is a little under $1 each. They range in age from 6months to 17yrs. I am hoping to raise enough so that I have around $5 for each child. For that I would like to ask your help.

If you can spare $10 to sponsor 2 children for christmas I would be extremely grateful and so would they. $10 goes a very long way for a child in Kenya. For that, I will email or write to you with a special thanks, with a photo of the child and a list of the things that $10 was able to buy them. It would make a nice christmas gift if you are running short of ideas.

To donate depending upon the connection, please contact either:
Sarah Butson: sjbutson@hotmail.com
Dave Walton: dave.walton@rogers.com
Sandy Crawford: sandy.crawford@enbridge.com
or Julie Walton: darling66@msn.com

Thanks very much, check back later I will update on how things go.
Merry Christmas.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amazing work, Matt! And amazing pictures. This will be a time you will never forget and I'm glad you're sharing your experiences with us. Please accept my small contibution to your wonderful Christmas fund (I'm dropping it off with your mom). Have a wonderful Christmas with the kids
Now, that's what you call Christmas spirit!!! :o)

Anonymous said...

Hi Matt
I've had the pleasure of getting to know your wonderful mother. I own Balance Total Fitness Studio. Your mom is one of my most genuine, favourite customers!!
Anyways we have shared stories about our kids. My daughter is also going to Brazil to work with the sister's of Calcutta. I admire young people like yourselves who are making a differnce in this selfish world of ours!! Give all those beautiful children a big hug for me and I will definately be donating to this wonerful cause and keeping all of you in my prayers!! God Bless you and keep up the great work!!
Susan Lough

Anonymous said...

Hey Matt

What a great idea. we will definalety be helping the orphans out. Sounds like you're having the time of your life. Take care & have a good Christmas despite being away from home. We'll be thinking of you.

Love Aunt Cathy

Anonymous said...

Hi Matt.

I made a deposit of $365 in you bank account on Wed Dec. 14. I have received more donations and cheques made out to you) since then and will deposit in on the 19th (sorry, can't get it in any sooner).
Love Dad

Anonymous said...

Hey Matt,

I just wanted to say that I visit your blog atleast once a day. I am very proud of you for everything you are doing and I miss you very much!!!! Thanks again for that lovely email you sent me, I really
appreciated that!
Love Erin