Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Birthday Beach Party

I met up with some mountain club members in Tiwi Beach on the South Coast after coming back from Lamu. The beaches there are absolutely amazing. White sand, turquoise water and palm trees for as far as the eye can see. I setup shop on the beach and started mixing drinks using coconuts as cups for a very exotic beach bevy. I got a few funny looks “that crazy drunken Canadian, there he goes again”.

Well yup, I’m 25. What a birthday party/new years party. For New Year’s Eve, the 20 (or so) of us staying at the lodge all jumped into 2 pimped out matatus that took us further down the coast to Diani Beach. That is where all of the expensive and posh beach resorts are. One of the resorts was hosting a massive beach party for the celebration. I was a little disappointed to see so many muzungus because Kenyans really know how to party, but it was fun nonetheless. We danced all night long on the beach and ended up watching the sunrise over the Indian Ocean eating fried chicken and chips. A very different but memorable birthday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey

I just wanted to give a Happy b day shout out to you!!!!
I am glad that you had a good time for your bday!!!!
I miss u alot and can;t wait till u come home

Erin

mackyton said...

Wow, I adore this Birthday Beach Party. I am glad that you all had great time in this event. Our daughter’s first birthday was also adorable. We had a grand seaside party at the popular party venue Houston TX. She had an amazing first birthday with her cousins and family.