Thursday, April 13, 2006

Me, I will be famous

There is a journalist for the cbc based here in Nairobi, David Mcguffin. He caught wind of the fact that there were some people organizing a hockey league in Kenya and decided it would make a great story in Canada, especially during the playoffs. The bit will play on the National, during or after a playoff game on the cbc (sorry for jumping the gun on the whole hockey night in canada thing; close enough). He sent an email around to all of us who play and asked for a voluteer as a subject of the story. I could not resist and immediatly responded. The tone of my email was that of a little kid begging for a new toy at the department store, "IT HAS TO BE ME!!" I told him that we could go to my carpenter and have him make me my super-duper custom made product of Kenya ice hockey stick. He really liked this angle and agreed that I could be the one.

I met him yesterday and we sorted out what will be happening for the filming next week; our game is on the 20th and we will shoot some bits with the carpenter before. I can't wait, it is going to be so awsome. Everyone from work wants to come watch and cheer me on so I am going to hire a matatu to carry my cheering section to the game and then to the party after; So wicked. I will put up a post when I know when it will be aired.

In other news, my computer has completely died, it needs a new system board. This totally sucks because I have 1 week left of work and a lot of loose ends to tie up; including the launch of my new website which i have been promisinig for the last few months. But meh; this is Kenya, you have to expect this sort of thing. It dosn't even get me streesed anymore because these things happen all the time. Hakuna matata.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Matt my son.. Sounds great!!! I can't wait to see the hockey game. Be sure to let us know when and what channel, as the whole entire Crawford Clan will want to watch. I'll make sure that we get it taped too!!!

Love Mom
xoxoxooxo

Anonymous said...

Hi Matt.

Look forward to seeing you air on the National.....what a great angle.

To bad about the computer. Hope you get all your projects taken care of.

Hakuna matata? what's that, another beer?

Love Dad

Anonymous said...

hahahaha... Hakuna matata.. haha Matthew your hilarious... hahahahah... LOL
Congrats on the Hockey stuff!!!

Can't wait for you to come home!!
TTYS
Julie